Thursday, March 26, 2009

Curried Chicken Salad


Hello, I'm Julie. My charming sister-in-law invited me to join in here at the FC and share my thoughts on the great landscape of culinary splendor. Or maybe just to talk about how much I love food.

I'm a big fan. Of my sister-in-law and of food. I eat practically every day. And if it involves chocolate, bonus points. My husband, Chris, and I (and the kiddoes) have logged many hours watching the Food Channel and aspire to visit as many restaurants profiled as possible. I try to take a little of what I see there, mix it with what I've learned from the great ladies in my family, and have a little fun in my kitchen.

So here's my first entry. Please enjoy. (Sorry, Mom, I know you're allergic. I'll work on something for you really soon.)

I love going to high tea. Partly because you get to spending afternoon eating tiny little girly food you didn’t have to prepare yourself. In courses. Fun.

It sounds high-falutin', but it doesn't have to be. The teas I’ve attended are not the fancy-schmancy types with linen napkins and perfect pinky position. I don’t need to be more wound up than the caffeine makes me.

One afternoon with my best girlfriend, we were served 4 bitty sandwiches of different varieties. My favorite was what was obviously chicken salad, but like no chicken salad I’d ever had before. This was sweeter and spicier and chunkier. It took me awhile to discern the flavors, but this is my version of that salad.


Curried Chicken Salad

1-1 1/2 cups chopped roasted, grilled, or baked chicken (cooled)
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped golden raisins
1/4 cup chopped apples (choose your favorite variety)
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 tbsp. yellow curry powder

Mix all ingredients together. Use more or less mayonnaise to reach your preferred consistency.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin