Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shrimp & Mushroom Marinara



This is one of my easy go-to meals. It is fast to make and tasty. I had it in mind for tonight and then I couldn't remember if I had any of the ingredients. My original plan was to make shrimp & mushrooms with a garlic butter sauce. I was half way through cooking the dish when I realized I didn't have everything I needed to make the sauce so that will have to be for another day. The marinara sauce is just as good.

Shrimp & Mushroom Marinara

1/2 lb mushrooms
18 shrimp (or two servings)
4 oz spaghetti noodles
1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
salt, pepper & garlic seasoning
fresh basil if available

Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add several teaspoons of salt to season the pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, chop mushrooms in half. Pre-heat skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Sautè mushrooms until cooked through (or your smoke detector goes off... I have a very sensitive smoke detector.) Remove from skillet. Add shrimp. Season shrimp with salt, pepper and garlic seasoning. Cook until the shrimp turn pink. Add marinara and the cooked mushrooms. Drain pasta, top with shrim & mushrooms. Serves 2, but can be easily doubled/tripled

Weight Watchers:
Pasta 3pts
Shrimp 1pt
Marinara sauce 1pt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin