Friday, June 19, 2009

Grilled Fish with Spicy Honey Mustard Cream Sauce


I had some fish in the freezer that sounded good for dinner tonight. When I was trying to decide how to cook it, I remembered I had some half and half that I needed to use up. Honey-Mustard is one of my husbands favorite flavor profiles, so that is what I made.

Grilled Fish with Spicy Honey Mustard Cream Sauce

2 Mahi Mahi fillets or other firm fish (I think salmon would be great with this)
2 cups of fat free half and half
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup spicy mustard
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of flour

Grill fish using an indoor or outdoor grill. I just prepared it with a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper. Internal temperature of fish should reach 145ยบ.

To make sauce: Boil rice wine vinegar in a pot and reduce by half. In a small bowl, whisk half and half, honey, mustard and flour. Pour in pot and whisk until thickened. Drizzle over fish. This makes more than enough for the fish, I'm going to use the leftovers over a baked chicken.

Sides:
white rice and grilled zucchini
1/4 cup of Spicy Honey Mustard
-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin