Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oatmeal Pancakes

These oatmeal hockey pucks (oops, I mean pancakes) are easy to make. Despite the denseness these were tasty! I was out of applesauce so I couldn't make the usual applesauce pancakes that I make the girls for breakfast. I was looking on the internet for other healthy pancake alternatives and I came across this body-builder oatmeal pancake. I tweaked it bit and it is pretty good. I love having healthy pancakes/waffles on hand and I'm not buying Eggos. I can feel good about the pancakes I serve because they aren't empty carbs. They have whole grains, proteins (egg), omega-3's and dairy all in one hearty breakfast!

Oatmeal Pancakes

1 cup of quick cooking oats
3/4 cup quick cooking oats, ground into powder
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp flax oil (has omega-3's)

Mix all ingredients dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk eggs. Add milk, flax oil and honey to the eggs and whisk together. Add wet to dry, stirring just to incorporate. Cook on a griddle adjusting temperature as you go. The honey will burn quickly so, you don't want to go too hot. Cool on a rack, freeze and toast for breakfast.
-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin