Friday, January 8, 2010

Simple Chicken Orzo Salad

I forgot to take a picture of this before it was devoured by myself, my husband, a friend and four toddlers! I apparently should have doubled the recipe. I just made this with ingredients on hand, but it came out really tasty.
-Amanda

Simple Chicken Orzo Salad

1/2 lb orzo noodles, cooked according to package directions
1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into small pieces
1/4 cup pecans, toasted in a dry skillet
1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
3/4 cup of spinach (if frozen, heat it and drain off all liquid)
Balsamic Vinaigrette (as much as you like)

In a big bowl mix the orzo, chicken, spinach and dressing. This part can be made ahead. Right before serving add the diced cucumber and pecans. Taste and add more dressing if needed. Serve cold. Serves about 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin