Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Linden Tea

025

I am not an herbal tea girl. I love the idea of herbal tea, but the taste…not so much. However, I LOVE, LOVE linden tea. It is a calming, sweet tea that is beneficial for gastrointestinal issues. Trust me. It is also super tasty. I LOVE this tea. It is very popular in Turkey and offered in most cafes and late at night when people don’t want to drink caffeinated beverages.

-Jules

Linden Tea

One apple

palmful of linden leaves

To Brew

In tea pot boil 16 ounces of water with a sliced up apple. After the water boils pour the pamful of linden leaves (or two tea bags of linden) into the boiling water. Take the pot off of the heat and let steep for about 5 minutes. Afterward strain leaves and pour into mugs. The boiled apple in the water should make the tea fairly sweet but if you like sweet tea, sweeten with sugar or honey to taste.

--Makes two cups of tea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin