Sunday, March 6, 2011

What's For Dinner at My House: Chicken Nuggets

I think for the first several years of our marriage I rarely cooked the same meal twice. I was always fiddling and adding or coming up with something completely new. Well now, I've finally come to a point where I do recycle meal ideas (I mean, we have been married 8 years!) But I still tweak away. I figured occasionally I'll do a post called "What's for Dinner at My House." That way I can show you some of the tweaks I may make to recipes. For instance tonight I served homemade chicken nuggets, homemade fermented ketchup (full of probiotics!), sweet potatoes, and asparagus; bacon. I thought it was funny when I kept encouraging my kids to "eat their ketchup!"

Dinner around here isn't always fancy, sometimes it's just whatever happens to be in the fridge; but eating Real Food doesn't have to be fancy or complicated. Usually simple is better, the flavor of real, fresh ingredients shines through.

Recipes:
Chicken Nugget Recipe (tweak: instead of bread crumbs I rolled them in ground up almonds to make it low carb)
Ketchup (I made this about a week or so ago, but tonight was the first time I served it.)

I added this post to the Healthy Home Economist Monday Mania Blog Carnival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin