Monday, October 24, 2011

Chicken Spinach Dip Served 3 Ways

Original Chicken Spinach Dip "Casserole"
Chicken Spinach Dip Frittata

Chicken Spinach Dip Pizza (half and half with a supreme pizza.)
This was so good! I'm trying to think of more casseroles that are low-carb, but it's hard because the carb is sort of what holds the casserole together. I don't think it really is a casserole without rice or noodles! Even so this was made like a casserole and it tasted great. I did make pasta on the side for my kids and hubby. The great thing is that the first night I ate it in a bowl by itself, the second night we had it as part of a fritatta and the third night we had it as a pizza. This was spread out over the week, not back to back. I even just served some of the leftovers over fried eggs one morning to jazz up my eggs. Basically this was very versatile and delicious!
-Amanda


Chicken Spinach Dip "Casserole"

1 pint of mushrooms
1 bag frozen spinach, defrosted and drained well
1 yellow onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated mozzerella, fontina or other favorite cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 block of cream cheese, room temperature

In a big bowl, mash the cream cheese, heavy cream, cheese and cottage cheese (or ricotta.) Add in the frozen spinach and mix well. Meanwhile saute mushroom and onion in a large skillet in some olive oil or butter until nice and caramelized. After it's cooled down, add to the cheese mixture. Mix in the shredded chicken. Pour in a casserole and bake at 375 for 20 minutes until cheese gets browned and bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. Casserole looks good! I am going to have a work party and I will be serving about 10 girls. Should I double the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin